Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Spring-Time on My Mind






p

















Since I wasn't even aware that I could do that with my pics in the blog, I am going to just leave them that way. (Reminds me of the title of one of my favorite podcasts, "The Accidental Creative.").  The top picture is of pieces I finished today.  My color palettes have been decidedly lighter and more spring-like. The over-painted strong black lines keep them from being too little-girl pastel, though.  The pendant is a combination of a small glass cabochon set in epoxy over yellow-gold background painted with alcohol ink.

The works in progress above are a combination of my line drawings with alcohol ink over the top of the print. I love the combination of the swirls and lines with the mix of color and shine from the inks.  I have also made some new pieces in greens and blues.


This one is spring incarnate to me. What do you think of the color choices for this one? It made me smile today as I sealed the ink on the paintings done over the week.

I have also had requests for more blues and greens from friends, so this mixture of greens, blues and gold will be turning up as baubles and earrings for sure.



The set below is made of an iPad painting. When I create digital works, I use my Pencil to paint freehand in various programs, often Procreate. The flowers here also remind me of spring, but earrings have the added bling of silver and clear glass. I love how they turned out.


All of the above will be making appearances in my shop at www.pwmarcus.com over the next few days. Feel free to browse over there and enjoy.

4 comments:

In an effort to reduce spam, comments are now being verified by me. Thanks!
PW Marcus