Wednesday, February 20, 2019

News from the Studio


My favorite part of starting this little jewelry business www.pwmarcus.com is actually making the jewelry. I spent a few hours in the studio today with some new styles and fixing up some of pieces that weren't quite right.  Is there anything as much fun as playing with shiny, colorful bits and pieces?


This piece is one I love, but it had too many things wrong, so it stays with me after I did my best to fix it up with a row of glitter.  Should have measured twice and cut once! I will definitely still wear it myself. I plan to try again next week.

My latest bracelet blanks arrived yesterday, so I have been making a couple of square-faced bracelets.

This one is made of blue glass and silver glass shards. I like the iridescence of the glass pieces here. I can't use this for the shop photo, but I thought some of you might like to see it in a different light.  I love having another shape for the bracelets. The little bit of added surface area in the square is helpful for laying out a design.

I have some other pieces drying now. They should be ready for shop photos by tomorrow.


We did have some excitement last week with a late winter snow storm. No power, internet, or cell phone service for about a day-and-a-half.


It's melting now, so we will be wading through the next week or so.  C'est la vie, spring is just around the corner, even up here!

2 comments:

In an effort to reduce spam, comments are now being verified by me. Thanks!
PW Marcus